Tuesday 22 October 2019

Work In Progress

Rough Drawing - I can't think of a suitable title yet!
I've been so busy I have nearly forgotten about my blog! Hopefully this post will kick me into a blogging gear. As I type I am waiting for this painting to dry. I have applied a mixture of prussian blue and payne's grey on saturated paper in the hope of creating an atmospheric late evening background of fields and trees under a light dusting of snow. The finished scene will have Mole sadly recalling his old subterranean home and how he hasn't seen it for so long. The two friends are making their way back to Ratty's house, late on a winter's day, when Mole suddenly catches the scent of his home and becomes distraught. Ratty consoles Mole and quickly decides to find Mole's house in the hope of cheering him up.

I love sloshing watercolour around...

4 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

Your last line inspired a giggle.
Looks like you have created a great atmospheric start!

Chris Dunn said...

Thanks Tammie Lee :)

Unknown said...

Tienes una cuenta en Instagram para seguirte? Tu arte es muy encantador

Chris Dunn said...

You can find me on instagram @chrisdunnillos :)