Wednesday 6 March 2013

Brave New World Competition Entries

I received an email in the last few days informing me that my entries for the House Of Illustration & Folio Society Competition to illustrate 'Brave New World' by Aldous Huxley were unsuccessful. You win some, you lose some.

House Of Illustration had over 500 entries, they have picked a top 25 which can be seen on their website here. It's certainly very interesting to browse, the standard is very impressive and most of the illustrations are a mixture of traditional and digital media which is fitting for the story.

Below you can see two of my entries (two more to come). The first is a rough book binding design, created with ink spatters and pencil put together in Photoshop. The bleeding ink in the baby's head is a photograph I took using a full water jug and ink dropper. The second illustration is a watercolour painting based on John's encounter with a reporter.



No comments: